Saturday, December 6, 2008

Joseph Stanley of Richmond asks about supporting candidates up and down the ballot

Joseph’s Question: Would you be willing to campaign for down-ticket candidates, particularly in the House of Delegates, if you do not get the primary nomination? I think many potential supporters are concerned that you have not been involved with state politics, and are attempting to “buy” the race. Funding progressive state politicians, especially in the last election before redistricting, would do much to satiate any criticism if you run again in 2013, or for any congressional offices before that.

Joseph, that’s the easiest question I’ll ever get on this site! Yes, yes, yes. I’ve been campaigning for Democrats and helping their campaigns for 30 years, and I’m not going to stop in the foreseeable future. I’ll be there for House of Delegates candidates whether I win or lose the primary – or decide not to run at all. I’ll also be there for our statewide candidates.

Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment