Saturday, May 30, 2009

McAuliffe Statement on the Nomination of Bob McDonnell

Gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe this morning released the following statement on the official nomination of Bob McDonnell as the Republican candidate for governor:

"I want to congratulate Bob McDonnell on formally becoming the Republican nominee today. If I have the honor of becoming the Democratic nominee, I look forward to talking about the differences in our records - I am the only candidate for governor with experience creating thousands of jobs, the only one who hasn't been mired in the partisan bickering in Richmond, and the only one who will bring the same executive style leadership that Governors Warner and Kaine brought to the office.

"I'm proud of my experience and my record, but this weekend, Bob McDonnell, surrounded by Mitt Romney, Sean Hannity, and other Republicans has tried to reinvent his. They've all tried to hide his long divisive ideological record, and portray him as someone who now is a moderate.

Click here to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment